03/01/2014

extraits de l'entretien télévisé de Magnus offerts par Brocol

Do you have chess nightmares? – Yes, sometimes I'm prevented from getting to a game for strange reasons, or I lose to opponents I'm not supposed to lose to. Lately I've played a host of poor tournaments, but they all occurred in my dreams.

Which chess player, historically, could have beaten you at this point? – Kasparov: at his peak he was an amazingly good player. As a young man he probably wasn't quite that good, but he was incredibly dynamic. He was creative, and he had incredible self confidence. I think he could have given me serious problems.

I also belive that Fischer, when he was at his peak, had a lot in common with where I am now. He was extremely precise at his game, and utterly relentless. He was a true champion, in terms of making difficult things come across as very easy. And he won a lot of games by sheer force of willpower. I often do that too.

Aucun commentaire :